- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Audio Video Engineer at TeamPeople
Video Production - Posted on May 16, 2012
This employer is willing to relocate.
A/V Engineer – Washington DC
Location: Washington, DCSchedule: M – F, infrequent weekendsReports To: Chief Engineer
Perform equipment troubleshooting, repair and documentation for a high-end conferencing and audio visual environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Undertake the repair of equipment in order to keep systems functional and documenting quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work. Equipment includes Audio and Video systems, cameras, projectors, tape decks, monitors, control systems, audio sound consoles (mixers), PC’s and more
• Good repair bench knowledge and ability including strong soldering skills• Audio, video, control and network cable fabrication (and others); Cable pulling and rack fabrication• Understanding audio and video flow and standards for troubleshooting.
• Coordinate and manage repairs of equipment at the component level with outside service personnel and/or authorized manufacturer service centers
• Manage and maintain database of equipment assets and inventory in managed spaces, including reports on equipment repaired and time spent
• Recommend alternatives to infrastructure including replacement of systems and equipment to meet agreed service levels
• Maintain system documentation and service manuals related to and useful for installation work, and diagnostic reference for current repairs and future upgrades
• Create/review key signal flow diagrams in standard software packages such as CAD, Visio, etc.
• Serve as video engineer (shading) during large scale staging events and for broadcast level live news feeds to other organizations from our studios
• Interact very often with other technical staff such as technicians, maintenance engineer, installation technicians, electrical contractors, etc.
• Provide technical solutions throughout the network and complete other projects as assigned
• In-depth knowledge of legacy and state-of-the-art multimedia systems and equipment used in best-in-class conference centers, including videoconferencing
• Familiar with all types of AV equipment and control systems, including AMX and Crestron
• Understanding of LAN/WAN hardware and software for switches, hubs, routers, bridges, modems, multiplexors, point-to-point data circuits via copper and fiber for audio and video
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to videoconferencing, connectivity and A/V equipment
• Solid understanding of audio, video and lighting as they relate to a videoconferencing environment.• Experience in full setup, configuration and troubleshooting to the network level on Tandberg, Polycom and similar videoconferencing systems.
• Maintain high and low-end video projectors such as Christie, Panasonic, Sony, NEC, etc.• Good writing and engineering documentations skills
• In-depth “hands-on” knowledge of audio and video production tools such as cameras, mixers, monitors, editing systems, etc. and ablility to correctly set up and diagnose problems with such equipment
• Ability to liaise with manufacturers and integrators to install, test and recalibrate new and newly repaired gear• Ability to read and notate on high-level schematics, signal flow diagrams and construction drawings• Candidate must be a team player• Candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills, be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments• An overall understanding of the live program production process is necessary and a strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical• Strong interpersonal skills and tact in dealing with staff/partners/clients at different levels in a very diverse environment• Candidate must have a commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in A/V, broadcast engineering or IT and to the mastery of his or her craft• Candidate must be willing to undergo background check
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE• Minimum 5+ years A/V broadcast or telecommunications experience; large market/facility• Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or related field. Technical school training with equivalent experience also considered.• Infocomm CTS certification preferred.
Visit www.teampeople.tv and click on Job Seekers > Apply NowUse the “Engineer – AV” drop down menu
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMITMENTTeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way necessary. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TeamPeople is a staffing firm exclusively focused on providing creative and technical talent to corporations, broadcasters, video production companies, and AV operations. A woman-owned business, we were founded in 2004 after the parent company had accumulated 8 years of extensive people management experience from contracts with CNN and Discovery Communications.
TeamPeople now supports over 400 clients in the US and UK. We provide full time, on-site managed staff and Day Hire project based creative and technical crew. From a database of updated vetted talent, TeamPeople provides a wide range of positions required for content production, live events, and management of video in the enterprise functions.
We are valued partners to our clients in deploying new communications and media technologies including digital signage, webcasting, internet-based programming, and a range of other applications of content production and distribution. This includes the placement of qualified industry professionals, consulting support of workflow, technology, and staffing strategies, and a rich assortment of technical and creative resources.