- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Senior Product Manager at Council on Foreign Relations
Sales/Business Development - Posted on July 16, 2012
This employer is willing to relocate.
Council on Foreign Relations
Human Resources Office
58 E. 68th St., New York, NY 10065
FAX: (212) 434-9893
Title: Senior Product Manager
Salary: Based upon education and experience
Foreign Affairs seeks an experienced manager to drive new capabilities and expansion of the magazine’s digital and ancillary products. The right candidate for this position will be an entrepreneurial problem solver and a team player. Reporting to the Publisher, the product manager will work closely with the entire staff to drive strategy, concept and execution for features that provide high value for our users with high return on investment for the magazine.
The principal responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing business models, project plans, and roadmaps for new products and services. This may include: repackaging of content (print, digital, mobile and live formats), advertising initiatives including custom content, branded merchandise, and sponsored products or events for vertical segments of our audience.
- Indentifying and cultivating strategic partnerships with other media or technology companies that lead to new opportunities for audience expansion and monetizing magazine content
- Managing product life cycle from concept to audience development (including management of profit/loss)
- Defining marketing objectives and key performance indicators for all products; work closely with Marketing Director to develop ROI goals for ongoing measurement
- Close coordination across multiple departments including Publishing, Editorial and Web Development as well as external vendors and consultants.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong grasp of Web technology for media including: mobile applications, mobile advertising, online video, social media, online paywall models, best practices of e-commerce campaigns and user experience, metadata and search optimization. Experience with content management systems and Web analytics platforms a plus.
- Proven enthusiasm for new media, Web analytics, and creative ways to repackaging content online and offline.
- Experience with news media or international relations content a plus.
- Experience with international product launches a plus.
- Degree in a related field, required.
About Council on Foreign Relations:
Founded in 1922, Foreign Affairs is the preeminent publication on international affairs and U.S. foreign policy. It is published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), which is a leading independent, nonprofit membership organization and nonpartisan center dedicated to producing and disseminating foreign policy ideas. Foreign Affairs publishes in print and on its website, ForeignAffairs.com, groundbreaking articles and insightful commentary on global politics, diplomacy, and economics from expert authors with a wide range of views.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in NY, offices in Washington, D.C., and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. The Council’s 4000+ members are the leading scholars and practitioners in international affairs and foreign policy. The Council is host to the widest possible range of views, but an advocate of none.