- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Digital Sales Associate at Abrams Media
Sales/Business Development - Posted on April 17, 2012
This employer is not willing to relocate.
Abrams Media is looking for a digital sales associate with a background in women's interest sales for our web company consisting of eight editorial web properties and more on the way.
Our sites -- including Mediaite, Geekosystem, Gossip Cop, Styleite, SportsGrid, The Mary Sue, The Jane Dough and The Braiser -- provide news and commentary to 15 million unique visitors a month. We currently sell advertising to companies looking to reach a national audience in several categories, including media, apparel, video games, technology, and consumer goods. We need a salesperson with 2-3 years of experience to help grow revenue.
We're looking for candidates with the following attributes:
· You should have experience and an interest in covering fashion, entertainment and beauty with a background in women's interest sales and relationships in the women's vertical
· You should have 2 - 3 years of experience
· You must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive
· You need to have great communication skills, both written and verbal
· You need strong analytical skills and should be comfortable working with numbers and talking directly with clients to respond to client needs given tight deadlines
· You should be proficient with systems such as Double-click, Salesforce and Microsoft Office
· You should possess a working knowledge of digital offerings in order to speak competently to ad agencies and clients about our sites and digital advertising products
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Building and maintain relationships with digital agencies.
· Managing client communication post sale encompassing but not limited to: receiving all paperwork, collecting assets, sending screenshots, and responding to any client questions or requests.
· Proposals: Creating media plans, pricing, PowerPoint proposals, etc.
· Prospecting, cold-calling, attending agency meetings, meeting prep, brainstorms, completing RFPs
If interested, please include two documents with your application email. Applications not containing all of the below will not be considered.
*** A resume/CV, including references and salary requirements
*** A brief email explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you an ideal member of our sales team. Also please mention your favorite ad campaign and why.
About Abrams Media:
Abrams Media is a group of eight editorial websites including Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, a site devoted to tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; Sportsgrid, which follows sports and sports-related media; Gossip Cop, a site devoted to policing the celebrity gossip industry; The Mary Sue, a site for female geeks; The Jane Dough, a site that examines the business and political worlds through the female prism; and The Braiser, a site devoted to the world of celebrity chefs. Our CEO, Dan Abrams, is the on-air Legal Analyst for ABC News and the former General Manager of MSNBC.