- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Internship at Food and Chef Site at The Braiser
Writing/Editing - Posted on April 10, 2013
This employer is not willing to relocate.
Abrams Media is looking for interns for our chef-focused site, The Braiser. Candidates should be obsessed with food and restaurant culture, watch the Food Network religiously, and know the name and resume of every celebrity chef by heart. We are looking for a strong writer who is as excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced, new media environment as they are by the season premiere of Top Chef.
In addition, there are a few qualifications that are preferred but by no means necessary:
• Knowledge of blogging software/HTML
• Experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop and video editing software such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
• Our summer internships run from June to August, with flexible start and end dates
• Interns must be available to work full-time in our editorial offices in SoHo
• Interns must be current college or graduate students who can receive academic credit for the internship; interns will be unpaid
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A resume
• A cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for a chef-focused blog
• A brief post on which chef has the best personal Twitter account, and why. This is your chance to show us what you can do, so take advantage of it!
Applications are rolling, so candidates should apply as soon as possible.
About The Braiser:
The Braiser is a property of Abrams Media, whose group of websites include: Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, a site devoted to tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; Sportsgrid, which follows sports and sports-related media; Gossip Cop, a site devoted to policing the celebrity gossip industry; The Mary Sue, a site for female geeks; and The Jane Dough, a site that examines the business and political worlds through the female prism. Our CEO, Dan Abrams, is the on-air Legal Analyst for ABC News and the former General Manager of MSNBC.