- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Designer, Menswear Wovens at Pyramid Consulting Group
Designers/Developers - Posted on January 2, 2013
This employer is willing to relocate.
Our client is a contemporary menswear brand looking to is seeking a skilled Menswear Designer, Wovens, with a background in luxury men’s wovens to join their Design team.
- Partner with the designer and team to create a cohesive collection that adheres to the creative aesthetics of the brand
- Ability to create and update all technical design packages from initial design through to stock approval
- Ongoing vintage research to facilitate productive design and creative brainstorming sessions
- Prepare presentation boards
- Participate in the conceptual development of the line which includes presenting ideas/concepts and influencing others to adopt a course of action
- Research markets to identify new trends, fabrics and wash/finish techniques and present tear sheets, sketches and samples to Design Director
- Source new fabrics, washes and trims that are brand and trend appropriate while remaining conscience of price point
- Work with team to ensure design packages are completed in a timely manner and accurately reflect relevant design details (e.g. thread, trim, wash instructions, etc)
- Manage and adhere to design calendar and attend all relevant product meetings as required
- Assist with other responsibilities and projects as needed
- Issue SMS request sheets
- Production trim sheets
- 4-5 years design experience in luxury men's wovens industry
- Knowledge and background in men's Suiting, Outerwear, Soft Jacket, Leather, Bottoms, & Shirts
- Capable of producing techpacks on a seasonal basis
- Have an understanding of luxury market and capable of researching the trend
- Strong handsketching and illustration skills
- Draping skills
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Word, Excel, Photoshop, & Illustrator (intermediate)
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Designer, Menswear Wovens” in the subject for consideration. While we appreciate all candidates only those qualified will be contacted. Thank you for your application.
About Pyramid Consulting Group:
We are one of the fastest growing full service recruiting agencies in New York offering permanent, temporary and freelance job placements in the following areas:
Fashion | Marketing & Communications | Finance & Accounting | Human Resources | Administrative