- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Writers/Editors Wanted at SportsGrid
Writing/Editing - Posted on February 25, 2013
This employer is not willing to relocate.
Entry to mid-level writers and editors needed for a national sports news and fantasy site.
The ideal candidate:
- Is obsessive about all sports that have fantasy followings.
- Possesses 1-3 years of blogging/editing experience, and is able to write and copy-edit well.
- Can find stories on his/her own, and can turn out crisp, clean, funny blog posts quickly.
- Can write sharp, witty and clickable headlines.
- Possesses a knowledge of what works on the internet and what doesn't. The hires will be responsible for site traffic and expected to meet traffic goals.
- Knows which sports stories are likely to go viral before they go viral.
- Plays in fantasy sports leagues.
- Uses all relevant social media... regularly.
- Has experience working with WordPress or a similar CMS.
Candidates should e-mail a cover letter to email@example.com explaining why they are perfect for this particular position, a resume, three writing samples, and three references. The pay isn't great, but the experience and potential is priceless (unless you also bet on games, which is your issue.)