- You must be a registered user to apply for this job. Please log in or create an account.
Summer Editorial Interns at The Jane Dough
Writing/Editing - Posted on April 10, 2013
This employer is not willing to relocate.
The Jane Dough is seeking editorial interns to join us for the summer. The ideal candidate is a current college or graduate student looking for hands-on writing experience at a news startup.
Typical duties will include: writing posts, helping with galleries, interview transcription, laughing at the latest dumb thing politicians/The Daily Mail said about women.
An interest in news and commentary about women's issues, what defines a "successful career" in 2013 (as well as the unique advantages and disadvantages faced by women in the workplace), and enthusiasm for celebrating women who are at the top of their respective fields is a huge must.
In exchange, we promise the chance to earn bylines and the sense of a job well done. And we promise you won’t have to get anyone coffee.
Jane Dough interns should include a resume, cover letter and three writing samples (published or unpublished, academic or non). Cover letter should include an explanation of what appealed to him/her about TJD, how he/she (...it'll be a she) thinks she/he can contribute to the site, and naming one woman (in any industry) whose career they would most like to emulate.
• Our summer internships run from June to August, with flexible start and end dates
• Interns must be available to work full-time in our editorial offices in SoHo
• Interns must be current college or graduate students who can receive academic credit for the internship; interns will be unpaid
How to apply:
If interested, please attach ALL of the following documents to your application email to be sent to email@example.com:
- A resume/CV, including references
- Any three samples of your academic or journalistic writing, each preferably in a different style (long-form vs. short-form, magazine vs. blog, etc.)
- A brief (one-page) cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for our site.
About The Jane Dough:
The Jane Dough is the go-to site for news and insight on women in the business world and political arena. Exploring the corporate world through the female prism, The Jane Dough celebrates women who have found success, dissects how powerful women are treated in the media and applauds forward-thinking companies. Women’s stereotypes, sexism in the workplace and on the political podium and enterprising female CEOs - those are the stories that get us fired up.
The Jane Dough is a property of Abrams Media, whose group of websites include: Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, a site devoted to tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; Sportsgrid, which follows sports and sports-related media; Gossip Cop, a site devoted to policing the celebrity gossip industry; The Mary Sue, a site for female geeks; and The Jane Dough, a site that examines the business and political worlds through the female prism. Our CEO, Dan Abrams, is the on-air Legal Analyst for ABC News and the former General Manager of MSNBC.